Voting begins next week in the elections for the Unison national executive. The Unison United Left is calling for support for its own candidates and other candidates of the left.
For the national positions vote:
- Local government: Mandy Berger, Emma Goodall, Paul Holmes, Glenn Kelly
- Health: Kate Ahrens, Alison Brown, Paul Harper, Len Hockey
- Transport: Tony Wilson
- Higher Education: Tom Silverlock
- Young Members: Daniel Roberts
- Additional members: Raph Parkinson
There are also elections in each region.
These include the South West where United Left candidate Tony Staunton has been blocked from standing because he is undergoing disciplinary investigation.
Disgracefully, he is being penalised even though he has not been found guilty of any offence.
Legal action is possible if Unison refuses to put Tony on the ballot paper.
For full details of regional candidates email [email protected]