1. Housing – An emergency council housing building programme.
2. Transport – Decent and cheap public transport to encourage less car use. Cut fares and increase provision with new tube and rail lines.
3. War – Bring the troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan. No attacks on civil liberties. Spend the money used for war on welfare.
4. Education – Good schools for every child in every borough. No academies, no tuition fees for students.
5. Health – No health rationing, stop hospital closures, no privatisation of doctors’ surgeries.
6. Poverty – Tax the wealthy to close the gap between rich and poor. Pensions to be linked with earnings.
7. Environment – Stop big business putting profits before the planet. No third runway at Heathrow.
8. Olympics – Londoners should not have to subsidise the games. No cuts in arts or local sport provision to pay for the Olympics.
9. Work – The London living wage of £7.20 an hour must be enforced, alongside full trade union rights and a 35-hour working week.
10. Equality – Oppose all forms of discrimination and racism.
If you enjoy Socialist Worker, please consider giving to our annual appeal to make sure we can maintain and develop our online and print versions of Socialist Worker. Go here for details and to donate.
Published by Larkham Printers & Publishers Ltd, company registered in England & Wales, number: 1335756, registered address: 71-75 Shelton Street London WC2H 9JQ. Correspondence address: PO Box 74955, London E16 9EJ