Warehouse and distribution workers in the Unite union at retail giant Argos have overwhelmingly voted to continue with their programme of strike action against below inflation pay.
In essence the vote is a rejection of an improved offer from management.
The company offered 4.1 percent immediately, to be followed by 2 percent in December and 2 percent in August next year after the workers took concerted strike action earlier this month. The original offer was for 3.8 percent.
The strikes are taking place:
- Bridgwater, 2.30pm 30 July to 2.30pm 3 August
- Basildon, 1.15pm 31 July to 6am 4 August
- Heywood, 3.30pm 31 July to 3.30pm 4 August
- Magna Park (warehouse), 7am 1 August to 7am 5 August
- Magna Park (drivers), 3am 1 August to 3am Tuesday 5 August
Fo background on the dispute see » Union’s strength has Argos bosses in a panic