Voting has begun for the NUT’s national executive committee.
The elections are a chance for teachers to elect an executive that will lead a fightback against cuts and other attacks.
Several members of the Socialist Teachers’ Alliance and other left wing candidates are standing.
Candidates backed by Socialist Worker supporters include:
- District 8: Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan: Helen Andrews, Nick Wigmore.
- District 10: City of Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Nottinghamshire: Liam Conway.
- District 13: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Solihull, Walsall, Sandwell, Wolverhampton: Roger King, Tony Tonks.
- District 22: Bath, Radstock & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, Wiltshire: Anne Lemon.
- District 25: Wales: Mary Compton.
- District 26: Inner London: Alex Kenny, Sara Tomlinson.
- District 27: Outer London: Nick Grant, Dave Harvey, Dominic Byrne, Marilyn Bater.
- Black Members: Betty Joseph.