Demonstrations have taken place around the country against tonight against the Israeli massacre. They include:
- Manchester: up to 2,000 marched to the BBC offices to demand proper coverage of the killings by the Israelis and the pro-Palestinian cause.
Protesters tried to enter the BBC but police forced them back. However, a protester did mange to fly the Palestinian flag from the BBC mast. Fighting broke out when police later tried to seize the flag-flier. They failed, but grabbed someone else. Police used dogs later against the crowd.
- Birmingham: around 500 protested.
- Preston: over 200 demonstrated.
- Brighton: around 200 people protested
- Edinburgh: Up to 400 marched
- Glasgow: Around 500 protested.
- Dundee: Around 250 protested.
- York: Around 150 protested.
- Bolton: Over 200 protested
- Portsmouth: around 70 people protested
- Aberdeen: Around 40 protested