Anders Behring Breivik’s terror attack is no aberration.
There is a long history of right wing terrorists targeting anyone who doesn’t fit their twisted view of society.
- December 1969: Neo-fascist group carried out a bomb attack in Milan, Italy, murdering 13 people.
- August 1980: Neo-fascist group bombed Bologna station in Italy. It killed 85 people.
- September 1980: Right wing extremists bombed the Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, killing 13 people.
- March 1992: Neo-Nazis bomb the offices of the International Socialists in Copenhagen, Denmark, killing party member Henrik Christensen.
- April 1995: Right wing Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people when he blew up a US government building in Oklahoma City.
- April 1999: Nazi David Copeland launched three bomb attacks in London, targeting black, Asian and LGBT people. He killed three people.