- Lecturers at Sussex Downs College in Eastbourne were set to strike on Thursday of this week against redundancies.
The NUT union members backed strikes by 96 percent in a recent ballot. UCU union members there are also balloting for strikes against the cuts.
- Workers and students at the University of Sussex protested against privatisation on Tuesday of this week. They were set to protest again this Thursday.
University management plans to privatise support services at the university. The protests coincide with visits from firms looking to take over the services.
- Sunderland College lecturers in the UCU have voted by 88 percent for strikes to defend their jobs and pay.
- Lecturers at the University of the West of England are balloting for strikes over workload.
Their UCU union says that 70 percent of workers regularly work “unreasonable hours”.
Some 60 percent say they don’t take the holidays that they are entitled to because of overwork.
- Students and lecturers at Hackney College in east London planned to march on Saturday of this week to defend jobs.
Round-up of resistance to Tory cuts