Cash not vouchers! Scrap the scheme!
- Join the protests next weekend outside supermarkets in every city.
- Use the national petition with shoppers to explain to them why you are protesting-send this off to Jack Straw.
- Get local shopkeepers and managers of supermarkets that are taking the vouchers to sign the open letter to their directors demanding an end to the voucher system.
- Set up a collection box outside the supermarkets. Ask shoppers to go in and buy "luxury items" such as toys, alcohol and cigarettes (all of which asylum seekers cannot buy with vouchers).
- For details of your town's protest phone 0958 478 628.
National day of action to scrap the voucher scheme
Saturday 29 July
For more information write to Committee to Defend Asylum Seekers, BCM Box 4289, London WC1N 3XX Phone 0958 478 628. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Make all cheques payable to "Committee to Defend Asylum Seekers"