Cash not vouchers! Scrap the scheme!
- Organise a protest outside your local supermarket.
- Get local shopkeepers and managers of local supermarkets that are using the vouchers to sign the open letter to their directors demanding an end to the voucher system.
- Use the petition to encourage shoppers to sign and to explain to them what is happening-send this off to Jack Straw.
- Set up a collection box outside the supermarkets when you are protesting. Ask shoppers to go in and purchase "luxury" items eg: toys, alcohol, cigarettes etc (all of which asylum seekers cannot buy with vouchers).
- On the day of protest organise rallies inviting MPs, councillors, refugee activists, anti-deportation campaigns.
National day of action to scrap the voucher scheme
Saturday 29 July
For list of firms to protest outside see page 15
For more information write to Committee to Defend Asylum Seekers, BCM Box 4289, London WC1N 3XX Phone 0958 478628.
E-mail [email protected] Make all cheques payable to "Committee to Defend Asylum Seekers"