Things they say
"GOVERNMENT proposals to raise the age at which people can retire on tax-approved private pensions from 50 years to 55 years old would weaken a major motive for saving-to escape wage slavery."
- INVESTORS CHRONICLE
"THE Socialist Workers Party is always there when I visit London. These people amaze me because they're always available any time of the day and night for a demonstration. It's extraordinary. I wish NATO's rapid reaction core was as available and could mobilise as quickly."
- NATO press secretary JAMES SHEA
"WHATEVER happened next was beyond belief. A mob of about 60 or 70 came across the Dean's Yard shouting obscenities. It is true that they were a very well behaved mob, as mobs go."
- Headmaster of elite fee-paying Westminster School TRISTAM JONES-PARRY after he banned his entire sixth form from the school after a drunken riot
"I THINK that at the  election people did feel 'this Tony Blair is our guy-we like him'. There is not so much of that around now."
- Former Labour Party general secretary TOM SAWYER
"A SYSTEM more suited to the Spanish Inquisition must give way to something that more readily meets the needs of this century."
- New president of the National Association of Head Teachers MICK BROOKES attacks hated privatised schools inspectorate Ofsted
"OUR HONOUR is called loyalty."
- ERNEST WINDHOLTZ, boss of the far right Freedom Party in Lower Austria, repeats a Nazi SS motto