- AROUND 80 people attended the national student gathering of the Campaign against the Arms Trade last weekend. There was outrage at New Labour's lack of an ethical foreign policy, and the government's sale of arms to repressive regimes.
- Anti-Globalisation Network day of workshops: "After Seattle, the Way Forward". Saturday 25 March, 12 noon to 5pm, ULU, Malet Street, London WC1. Speakers from Friends of the Earth, Jubilee 2000, World Development Movement.
- WORKERS AT Scottish Power, who are members of the engineers' and electricians' AEEU union, are hoping to ballot for action against redundancies. An AEEU lobby of parliament over job losses in the power industry was also planned this week.
- DEMONSTRATION IN support of the Cambridge Two, Ruth Wyner and John Brock. Saturday 25 March, assemble 11.15am, Hyde Park (Speaker's Corner), London.
- ON TUESDAY of last week socialists and other fighters for gay and lesbian rights lobbied a meeting addressed by anti - gay bigot Cardinal Thomas Winning in Croydon.