The Tube workers’ RMT union called off an overtime ban due to begin on Wednesday of last week. It was set to be the first action by Tube workers since a 72-hour strike was suspended in May for talks.
The union said it had received assurances from bosses that staff relocation and regrading would be “decoupled” from evaluations.
This was only “whilst we work with trade unions to agree appropriate selection criteria for those purposes”.
RMT also said that a potential legal challenge from bosses under Tory anti-union laws was part of its decision to suspend the action.
Many Tube workers will be frustrated that the first action for four months has been called off.
Solid strikes earlier this year hit back at the bosses’ massive cuts plan that threaten hundreds of jobs and mean ticket offices will close.
Only more strikes can win a better deal for London Underground workers.