Ballot papers are going out for the Unison national executive elections. Unison United Left is standing a number of candidates.
Karen Reissmann, a health worker from Manchester, is running for an executive seat. She says, “We went round my health trust and spoke about the pensions dispute, and links between New Labour and union leaders.
“We generally got a great response from people. We can get a good vote in these elections—but you have to get out there and have discussions with people.”
The Unison United Left candidates are:
- Greater London Mandy Berger, Jon Rogers, Fiona Monkman
- South East Diana Leach, Jessie Russell, Mike Tucker
- South West Phil Jones, Pat Rowe
- Northern Yunus Bakhsh
- North West Babs Hennessey, Alex May, Karen Reissmann
- Yorkshire and Humberside Helen Jenner, John McDermott
- East Midlands John Owens, Anne McMillan Wood
- Local Government Rahul Patel, Phoebe Watkins
- Health Kate Ahrens, Frances Kelly
- Higher Education Tom Silverlock