PENSIONERS ARE trying to survive on a basic £3,471 a year. But top directors retire on that much a WEEK and more, according to Labour Research.
- SIR GEORGE BULL, the boss of drinks giant Diageo, retired two years ago on a pension of £533,000 a year.
- SIR RICHARD SYKES of Glaxo Wellcome is set to get a pension of £494,000.
- LORD HOLLICK, owner of the United News and Media group that produces the Daily Mail, will get £478,000.
- RICHARD GREENBURY, head of Marks & Spencer, retired last June on £465,000.
- Scottish Power's chief executive, IAN ROBINSON, is set to retire on a pension of £180,000 a year.