Journalists on local papers in south London struck this week against job losses.
The 33 workers walked out on Monday for the first of four days of strikes. The strike is over eight threatened job losses across several South London local papers.
A ballot of all NUJ members at the BBC has begun.
Over 100 workers are threatened with compulsory redundancies. BBC bosses said they want to lose some 1,000 journalists.
Pete Murray, the president of the NUJ told Socialist Worker, “We want to stop these job cuts and any others. We have to show that we will strike to save jobs. We are prepared to strike over compulsory redundancies at any time.” The ballot will close on 5 July.
Last week BBC workers accepted a 2 percent pay deal.
NUJ members at South Yorkshire Newspapers are to hold a strike ballot over 18 threatened redundancies across the group.
Oppose Nazi Tommy Robinson on the same day
Fight to scrap the two-child benefit cap
"The worst they have seen in immigration detention"
Plus bus drivers strike on Merseyside and Port Talbot jobs under threat