Blacklisted workers have walked out of the first round of talks over construction bosses’ proposed blacklist compensation scheme.
Probation officers in the Napo union ended their 24-hour strike today, Wednesday. The workers walked out from 12 noon yesterday against government plans to privatise probation services.
A former Metropolitan Police commander told the inquest into the death of Mark Duggan that he was not told that Mark had pointed a gun at police before he was shot. Stuart Cundy, who was in charge of the Trident gang crime command, gave evidence at the inquest on Thursday of last week.
Firefighters walked out of work across England and Wales on Friday of last week and Monday of this week against Tory attacks on their pensions.
The last remaining resident on the Heygate estate in south London was ordered to leave his home on Tuesday of this week.
Over 800,000 children in Britain will be homeless at Christmas, according to homelessness charity Shelter.
Not content with flipping second homes and claiming £200,000 for energy bills, MPs are hustling for more.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission has upheld an appeal by the family of Mikey Powell that a 2009 report into his death was misleading.
Bijan Ebrahimi was beaten, set on fire and murdered following rumours he was a paedophile.
Real terms wage cuts and sackings have left millions struggling to put food on the table according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies.
Tory health minister Jeremy Hunt is hell bent on closing even more A&Es. Within days of losing his court battle to close Lewisham Hospital’s A&E in south east London, he confirmed bloody new cuts in north west London last week.