Downloading PDF. Please wait... Issue 2437

Rage against racism—don’t let politicians and the media divide us

This article is over 9 years, 1 months old
Issue 2437

This week we learned that the richest 1 percent of the world’s population will have more wealth next year than the other 99 percent combined. 

We should blame the super-wealthy and the powerful for the problems in society, not immigrants and Muslims.

The Islamophobia and racism whipped up after the Charlie Hebdo killings has led to murders, assaults and hateful propaganda.

We have to stand against them. In Britain, the immediate task is to stop the Nazis’ attempt to resuscitate themselves. 

We need to stop French fascist leader Marine Le Pen speaking in Oxford on Thursday 5 February, and mobilise against the English Defence League demonstration in Dudley on Saturday 7 February.

But everywhere we need to be building for the demonstrations against racism and Islamophobia on Saturday 21 March in London, Glasgow and Cardiff. We also need to keep supporting the Stand Up to Ukip campaign.

Together we can beat racism and austerity.


Sign up for our daily email update ‘Breakfast in Red’

Latest News

Make a donation to Socialist Worker

Help fund the resistance